Transformation Community of Practice
A community group for Digital Economy and Transformation in Scotland, built around the aspiration to build a World Class Digital Nation.
Following the lead of pioneers such as DWP, the TC group will facilitate an industry peer and consultant group, specializing in Agile practices and Digital Transformation. This will enable a core function of a Resource Roster for available Consultants.to enable sharing of digital transformation best practices across the Scottish public sector.
- Key Skills Practices: Business Transformation, Agile Development, Cloud and DevOps, linking these with the skills definitions of the Digital Suppliers Framework, to form ‘Digital Squads‘.
- Skills Roles: Scrum Masters, Product Owners, Agile Developers.
- GDS Service Manual: Implementing the Service Design Standard, Building Roadmaps, Role of the Product Manager.
- Technologies: Cloud Native computing – Microservices, Containers, Microservices development.
- Solution Patterns: Business and technical architecture solution models for key requirements, such as SOCITM web site compliance, Single Citizen Account identity systems, Cloud Migration and DevOps adoption.
As well as industry networking the CoP will develop the main intellectual assets, those relevant to building out consulting and transformational momentum for the Scottish digital sector: Agile team practices, procurement models et al.
A key function of the group is also to pioneer new innovations, through well researched and defined solution approaches, particularly reusing best practices from other high profile success stories.
These can be conceptualized and developed as community ‘alpha’ projects, defining their early stage in the overall evolution of a digital service lifecycle. Validated ideas can then be progressed into a full Digital Squad implementation.
Digital Government Futures Scenarios
Collaboratively brewing new ideas for Alpha Projects is ideally served through a process of envisioning the possibilities that a new Digital Government future might bring.
Community members can illustrate key trends and proposed ideas through scenario articles exploring topics like
- Blockchain and Digital Identity-enabled services
- Sensor smart cities and artitificial intelligence